[Qt-creator] QtCreator 3 - QML Profiling stuck on "Loading data"

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 18:37:06 CET 2013

Hi all

I'm trying to profile a qml application ... but it seems like
qtcreator just stops after reaching a certain % where its "loading
data" after I stop profiling (by pressing the 'stop' button where the
QML profiler is on the Analyze page. I left it for a few minutes but
it doesn't seem to move and typically gets stuck in between 9-15%.

This is on qtcreator 3 built about a month ago from git on Linux. The
output I get when running qtcreator from a terminal doesn't seem that
helpful, but here it is anyway:

SOFT ASSERT: "d->m_currentState == Idle" in file
qmlprofilerstatemanager.cpp, line 116 // happens when I start
profiling
from "AppStopRequested"
QPainter: It is not safe to use drawPixmap() outside the GUI thread
QPainter: It is not safe to use drawPixmap() outside the GUI thread
Process died unexpectedly from state AppStopRequested in
qmlprofilerengine.cpp:181 // happens when i hit stop

Any suggestions as to what I can try?

The application in question is all QML with a simple QQuickView
launcher and nothing else.

Preet