[Qt-creator] .pro.shared indentation settings overwritten by c++ and qt quick global settings.

Joseph Crowell joseph.w.crowell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 09:04:28 CEST 2013

I managed to get a .pro.shared file working with the correct indentation
settings for my project.

The settings are loaded in to the project settings for everyone. Then I
realized someone added the shiny new C++ and Qt Quick indentation
settings which overwrites the project settings completely. They decided
to store those settings outside the xml so they can't be included in the
.pro.shared file. How do I get indentation settings uploaded to our git
repository now? All our coders need to have the same indentation
settings so that our diff viewers behave properly. Every time a new
coder comes along, they use the spaces for tabs default because they
don't know any better. The .pro.shared seemed like a solution until I
realized someone came along and made it useless in your code.