[Qt-creator] Extract call graph from QtCreator(2)

Jochen Becher jochen_becher at gmx.de
Sun Oct 20 21:54:08 CEST 2013

I am currently working on a plugin using the AST as well. It helped me a
lot to look into the classview plugin, and todo plugin.

Here is a code snippet I use to scan the AST and to be signaled when
code changes:

CppTools::CppModelManagerInterface *model_manager =
CppTools::CppModelManagerInterface::instance();

connect(model_manager,
SIGNAL(documentUpdated(CPlusPlus::Document::Ptr)), this,
SLOT(onDocumentUpdated(CPlusPlus::Document::Ptr)),
Qt::QueuedConnection);

connect(model_manager, SIGNAL(aboutToRemoveFiles(QStringList)), this,
SLOT(onAboutToRemoveFiles(QStringList)), Qt::QueuedConnection);

CPlusPlus::Snapshot snapshot = model_manager->snapshot();

for (CPlusPlus::Snapshot::const_iterator it = snapshot.begin(); it !=
snapshot.end(); ++it) {
    handleDocument(*it);
}

The methods handleDocument() and onDocumentUpdated() looks into each
global symbol (I am interested in class definitions only).

for (unsigned i = 0, count = document->globalSymbolCount(); i < count;
++i) {
    handleSymbol(document->globalSymbolAt(i));
}

The handleSymbol() method then calls itself to find nested classes
also:

if (!symbol->isFunction()) {
    const CPlusPlus::Scope *scope = symbol->asScope();
    if (scope) {
        CPlusPlus::Scope::iterator it = scope->firstMember();
        while (it != scope->lastMember()) {
            const CPlusPlus::Symbol *current_symbol = *it;
            ++it;
            if (current_symbol) {
                handleSymbol(current_symbol);
            }