[Qt-creator] Xcode 5 no longer has GDB included. Ramifications?

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 14:41:45 CEST 2013

I was out at Apple's Developer ready to download and try out Xcode 5 and was looking through the release notes when I came across this little line:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/WhatsNewXcode/Articles/xcode_5_0.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40012953-SW8

*****
Important: Xcode 5 does not support use of the LLVM-GCC compiler and the GDB debugger. Existing projects configured to use LLVM-GCC and GDB will be reconfigured to use the LLVM compiler and LLDB debugger when opened by Xcode 5. Please file a bug using bugreporter.apple.com for any issues that prevent you from moving to Xcode 5 for this reason.
*****

Will QtCreator work with LLDB? Last I heard it does not. At least the 2.8.2 version that I am using.

Any updates/thoughts/embellishments on this would be great.

Thanks
--
Mike Jackson   http://dream3d.bluequartz.net  http://www.github.com/dream3d/dream3d