[Qt-creator] Add a Build for Distribution menu choice to QtCreator

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Mon Apr 7 00:16:32 CEST 2014

Hi,

well of course it would be nice to support different installs like .msi
packages, but I was thinking of just doing a simple file copying to a
"dist-xxx" folder. From there I also think it's best not for QtCreator
to show any bias for a particular method of distribution like nuget dmg
rpm pacman etc. Because in many cases just to have all the files needed,
collected for you in a folder, could save time especially for beginners
who want do a quick test on another PC without Qt installed.

On Windows and Mac we already have windeployqt and macdeployqt, what I
meant with this new menu choice in QtCreator was a way to invoke those,
and for Linux perhaps help a bit more :-)

Rgrds Henry