[Qt-creator] Todo/Issues & external tools integration?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 04:06:32 CEST 2014

Hi, something I miss in QtCreator is the ability to generate a list of
issues from an external tool. that loads into QtCreator's Todo plugin
(or displays in the 'Issues' view).

It seems like all the functionality exists in QtCreator, there is just
no way to connect it up.

This would be great for running 3rd party tools to check code and list
any warnings.

Would be great to be able to setup a keybinding for eg:

- Run cppcheck and similar tools on the currently open file.
- Run an external style checking tool (as you can do with Vim and
Pythons pep8 tool).
- Run doxygen on the currently open file (with any syntax issues listed).
- Run the compiler on the current file with extra warnings enabled
(-Wextra, -Wall -pedantic), since this often isnt practical on a
project wide basis.

If anyones familier with Vim's 'cfile' command, something like this
would be great if we could access it from external tools.

Having an extra option for external tools "Output:" to load in the
"Todo" plugin would be great, but perhaps there are better ways too.

Should I add this as a feature request in the tracker?

--
- Campbell