[Qt-creator] command line parameters for debugging: executing with arguments

Poenitz Andre Andre.Poenitz at digia.com
Tue Apr 15 15:00:56 CEST 2014

Hovnatan Karapetyan wrote:
> I'm using Qt Creator 3.0.1. I'm trying to debug my application using
> command line arguments: qtcreator -debug myapp. I was wondering if
> there is anyway to pass arguments to my executable myapp before the
> debugging starts, e.g., qtcreator -debug myapp,args=custoargs.

There isn't. Starting debugging from the command line is meant as an
ad-hoc mechanism for testing. "Normal" debugging typically requires
a kit and a project. This does not have to be properly set up for building
and deployment, but should at least list the project's source. A 'dummy
project' created by 'qmake -project' is often sufficient.

Andre'