[Qt-creator] doesn't see inline function definitions in .hpp files

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Fri Dec 12 16:28:35 CET 2014

On 12/12/2014 09:03 AM, Cristian Tibirna wrote:

> On Friday 12 December 2014 01:20:19 Gene Smith wrote:
>> I have just been using qt-creator to just browse a non-qt embedded c++
>> project. It seemed to be working fine until I tried to right click on a
>> function that is inline it would only take me to the .h file where the
>> function is declared and not to the .hpp file where it is defined. In
>> this project all inline functions are defined in .hpp files and the .hpp
>> is #included'd outside the class near the end of the corresponding .h
>> file. (.hpp's are never directly included in .cpp files).
>>

> Hello
>
> There is an issue open:
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-2309
>
> Unfortunately I only followed partially with my promise of looking into it.

Looks like it is assigned to someone else so not blaming you with my
comment below.

> Don't get confuse by the special included file naming. It's the same issue.

Thanks for the response. I would never have guessed those search terms!
Unfortunately, this problem really hampers my usage since I am now
getting into a lot of inline stuff defined in *.hpp and included from
*.h. But I guess it is not a big problem for most users since the bug
report was opened 4 years ago.

-gene