[Qt-creator] Flushing application output automatically starts a new line in application output pane

Xiaofeng Wu djangowu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 19:09:29 CET 2014

When I call fflush(stdout) or std::cout << std::flush, the application
output pane automatically starts a new line.
I am printing out the progress of my program on the same line with '\r', if
I don't flush the output, the progress is not printed until it finishes. If
I flush output, then application output pane just starts a new line making
program print many lines of progress output.

If I run my program in terminal, it does not have this problem, all the
outputs are printed out on the same line.

Is there an easy fix for this problem?

Best,

Xiaofeng Wu