[Qt-creator] Advice to improve QtCreator in new verions

Freddy Martinez Garcia freddy311082 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 04:19:16 CET 2014

hi guys....

I don't know if this is the right place to post the advice for new versions
of QtCreator, because this is not the only IDE that I used to make programs
in C++

I think that the editor is not the best, because the code completion is not
good...

for example... I use C++11, and if I make:

#include <memory>

when I try to invoke std::move(), the editor dose not make the completion
of the move function... KDevelop fo it.
the same thing happen if I try to use std::share_ptr, QtCreator editor
doesn't make the completion...

other thing is about the automatic code completion... KDevelop and XCode
make it very very good and I hope that some day QtCreator can have the same
functions. To activate automatically the code completion in QtCreator we
need to type at less 3 letters and after that (and not so faster) code
completion is activated. In XCode and KDevelop that not happen. Since we
type the first letter the code completion is activated quickly, and that is
good.

In the other hand, QtCreator editor view is not configurable.... so, we can
not have Outline Side Bar in the right side of the window and Project Side
Bar in left because they are together and they can not be separated.
Eclipse, Netbeans, and other IDE give this possibility.

other feature that I think that is very very helpful is SHOW THE ENTIRE
FUNCTION POTOTYPE IN CODE COMPLETION. Almost all IDE do this... why
QtCreator dose not make it ???

If some day QtCreator would have the KDevelop code completion , QtCreator
will have the BEST C++ EDITOR. And I want it... because I LOVE QT !!!!

best regards.....