[Qt-creator] Error message when debugging

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Thu Jul 10 15:59:50 CEST 2014

On 7/9/2014 6:30 PM, André Pönitz wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 04:30:34PM -0400, Duane wrote:
>> Qt 5, QtCreator 3.1.1.
>>
>> When I run a program in debug mode from the the IDE, when I close it, I
>> get the popup message "Cannot find user-level thread for LWP 3336:
>> generic error"  and I have to abort debugging manually.  Any idea what
>> this is about?
>
> I haven't seen it before, but the message is mentioned on the GDB wiki:
> http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/FAQ#GDB_reports_.22Cannot_find_user-level_thread_for_LWP_23957:_generic_error.22.2C_how_do_I_fix_this.3F
>
> Maybe you have one of the setups mentioned there.
>
> Best regards,
> Andre'

Thanks for the reply.  Yes I saw this but I don't think it's the case.
I do have some remote debugging set up but not for this project.  Also,
it seems to only happen when I'm using Qt 5.3.  I've been using 4.8 for
several Linux projects both with and without remote debugging but
haven't seen this issue.  Unfortunately for this project I'm using
QtSerialPort so I can't build it in Qt 4.