[Qt-creator] Remote GDB debugging.

Tim Hutt tdhutt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:55:37 CEST 2014

Hi,

I watched your talk and it looks like exactly what I need but sadly I still
couldn't get it to work. I set up the baremetal plugin as described here:

http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtcreator-3.1/creator-developing-baremetal.html

But I had two problems: a) what to use as the debugger, and b) what to use
in the run settings.

a) As you can see in the screenshot on the linked page they don't define a
debugger. If you don't do this, when you start debugging it prompts you for
a debugger executable. In your talk I saw you have a debugger defined, but
I don't really understand why it needs a debugger executable at all if it
is just connecting to a remote GDB server.

b) The page says you can use the default run settings, but for me that is
an empty edit box for a custom executable which you are prompted to supply
when you try to debug the program.

Please can you explain a bit more?

Thanks,

Tim