[Qt-creator] apply pro.shared settings to a project tree

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at digia.com
Fri Jun 13 14:57:07 CEST 2014

On 13.06.2014 14:22, EXTERNAL Konold Martin (erfrakon, RtP2/TEF72) wrote:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> thanks for the update!
>
> I worked around the issue by using automatically created symbolic links.
>
> We currently can live with this workaround.

That is good news.

I have been wondering how to support your use-case better.

We could have a "default .shared file" somewhere. I do not think that
will help you though: You would need to make sure everybody has that
configured correctly. That is most likely not that much less hassle than
making sure everybody has their Qt Creator configured in such a way that
the complete .shared file is no longer necessary!

Alternatively Creator could search for .shared files from the project
directory upwards. This might actually help in your use case, but I do
not feel fully comfortable with the implications of loosening the
connection between a project and a .shared file. I do not want to see a
.shared file specifically made for Qt Creator applied to the qbs
submodule. Your .share file seems to be sufficiently generic, but that
is not true for every .shared file imaginable. Maybe we could only load
"default.shared" files from parent directories?

Do you have any ideas that could help with your use case?

Best Regards,
Tobias