[Qt-creator] Project-specific make tool

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 14:49:56 CET 2014

Daniel Teske wrote:

>> The way to specify such a tool with cmake is to invoke cmake in the build
>> directory with -DCMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM=/path/to/jom .
>>
>> Would a patch doing that be accepted?
>
> Why do you want to run cmake on changing which make tool is used? What
> benefit does that bring?

It allows cmake to run the correct build tool. I loaded a cmake project in
creator on Windows, and creator executed cmake for me. That populated the
cache with:

 //Program used to build from makefiles.
 CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM:STRING=nmake

So, if the makefiles cause cmake to run any part of the build, it will use
nmake. Creator expects jom to be used. The solution is to tell cmake to use
jom.

This also allows uniformity in how the build tool is invoked.

Thanks,

Steve.