[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 3.1 Slow Debugging on OS X 10.8

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Fri May 23 16:43:34 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Poenitz Andre <Andre.Poenitz at digia.com>wrote:

> Adam wrote:
> > To follow up on this, I made the change to lldbbridge.py
> > suggested by André and I haven't noticed any
> > improvements in debugging speed on OSX 10.9.
>
> Then I'd need a full debugger log, as usual.

Sure. I've attached a log in which I set a breakpoint in part of the code
that is executed when the application starts up.

The worst part of the experience for me is that it takes quite a while from
when the debugger first hits a breakpoint until it's possible to see the
local variables and otherwise use the debugger (step, disable a breakpoint,
etc). In this particular case it took about 10 seconds. In the previous
attempt (not recorded in the log) with the breakpoint in the same place, it
took about 19 seconds.

After the initial slowness using the debugger is relatively quick, but
sometimes it will take 10-20 seconds when switching to a different place in
the stack or stepping in or out of a function (not demonstrated in attached
log).

I'm using a recent snapshot. "Built on May 16 2014 at 00:09:42 From
revision fe238305e5"
OSX 10.9.3 with lldb version lldb-310.2.36.

Thanks
Adam