[Qt-creator] Creator Can not locate Qt Headers

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 19:44:14 CET 2014

Hi
Am 13.11.2014 18:37 schrieb "Michael Jackson" <imikejackson at gmail.com>:

> Setup: OS X 10.8.5, Xcode 5.1.x, QtCreator 3.2.1.
>
> I have a pair of Kits setup: Qt 4.8.6 and Qt 5.3.1. Both are self built.
My project is CMake based. I have no problems "Opening" my project and all
that. I change the kit to my "Qt 5.3.1" installation. Everything compiles
fine. The issue is that QtCreator can not seem to locate any Qt Header.
There is a red squiggly line under #include <QtCore/QObject> and then none
of the syntax highlighting works after that. I was hoping to move to Qt 5.x
for our project in order to see if the debugging experience is any better
using Qt 5 versus Qt 4 with Xcode 5.x. LLDB and QtCreator just seem to not
really like each other at this point.

With cmake projects just switching kits is not enough! That will have
Creator use the new settings, but you actually need to tell qmake all the
nitty gritty details of your setup, too. My guess is that the include paths
that Creator extracts from CMake are still pointing to your previous Qt4
setup.

Switching to Qt5 will unfortunately not improve the debugging experience.
Those two are pretty independent from each other.

> Any helpful advice would be extremely appreciated at this point. We about
ready to throw up our hands in desperation and switch to something else as
our IDE. I think we are just missing something simple on our OS X machines
in order to set them up properly for a great debugging experience*

Sorry, I can not help with that part. I did not do anything with LLDB on
Mac yet.