[Qt-creator] extracting path/filename from selected file in navigationwidget(Project)

Hermann Fieger hermann.fieger at t-online.de
Wed Apr 8 19:32:01 CEST 2015

Hi,

meanwhile i'm searching for hours for a possibility to
extract the current selected file from the "Project"
navigation window at the left.

Goal is to open a modal dialog with determined filename
as a parameter. The dialog includes converting functionality.
I don't want to doubleclick the file(".ui" - files), because i
don't want to start the Designer plugin.

ProjectExplorerPlugin *plug = ProjectExplorerPlugin::instance(); // OK
ProjectExplorer::Node *nod  = plug>currentNode();                // OK
nod->path();                                                     //
doesn't compile ???

I don't come to any conclusion and think i'm totally wrong?
Can anybody push me to the right direction?

regards, Hermann