[Qt-creator] How to add plugins in Qt Creator (3.3.2) with Qt 5.4? Where are the documentations?

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com
Mon Apr 13 12:22:35 CEST 2015

Hi Yang.H,

yes, filewizarddialog.h is no more, I removed that a while back. In fact I want to trim down further on the number of different wizard-related classes we have. Apparently I missed some references to the now gone classes in the documentation. Sorry for that, I'll put updating that onto my todo list. Feel free to report this as a bug on https://bugreports.qt.io/ and assign it over to me if you want to follow the progress on the task.

There is documentation on the JsonWizard available here:

http://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/creator-project-wizards-json.html

Those are what I want to use to replace much of the custom wizard-code we have.

Qt Creator is constantly changing. We have quite a few people working on it and we do not promise stable interfaces between minor version upgrades. Documentation on APIs does get out of date, even though we try to fix the documentation along with the code. I personally find just looking at how other parts of Qt Creator implement something the best way to get started with any task I did not attempt before. The code is always current after all:-) It is hard to recommend anything more specific than this based on the little information I could extract from your mail.

What do you want your wizard to do?

Please also feel free to ask specific questions here or on IRC (freenode network, #qt-creator), when (not if;-) you run into things you can not figure out. European business hours work best on IRC.

Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin. USt-IdNr: DE 286 306 868
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B