[Qt-creator] How to add plugins in Qt Creator (3.3.2) with Qt 5.4? Where are the documentations?

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com
Tue Apr 14 12:27:55 CEST 2015

Hello Young,

sorry, you did not specify a license for the code you attached, so I will not read it. Who knows what kind of legal trouble that could get me into:-)

Anyway, I would recommend trying to do as much as you can in your own plugin(s). That reduces your dependency on our APIs. I would also recommend to just disable plugins you do not need completely in favor of removing code from plugins: That will be really hard to maintain as new versions of creator get released.​

I am currently kind of working on a patch set that allows for scripts to be run as part of a JSON wizard, so that might be something that would be interesting for you to run your python code. No ETA for that yet though, as I got heavily side-tracked into cleaning up usage of VcsCommands in Qt Creator. A necessary step to be able to eventually merge those custom script infrastructure (the current version of the patch produces all kinds of side effects on the Vcs systems we support:-).

Apart from that: The only advice I can give is to have fun and to communicate:-) If there is some functionality available inside some plugin that you would like to use but that is inaccessible from your plugin, feel free to send in a patch to change that. Our policy is to keep as much private as we can and only export symbols that somebody actually needs and asks for:-)

Best Regards,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin. USt-IdNr: DE 286 306 868