[Qt-creator] Where to find more information from Clang indexing errors

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 21:38:31 CEST 2015

On Jul 31, 2015, at 3:10 AM, Nikolai Kosjar <nikolai.kosjar at theqtcompany.com> wrote:

>> > The July 30 build seems slightly better in the fact that I don't get the red squiggly under lines any more BUT the code completion does not work for those functions. for example, the line of code has all the same "default text" color which is different that the lines above and below it where my custom colors are used for objects and methods and variables.
>
> Then please reduce to a minimal example and report :)

First Reproducible Example: Clang code model can not find a definition for "uint8_t" which is defined in <stdint.h>. The error occurs on OS X (10.8, 10.9, 10.10) but NOT linux or Windows.

#include <stdint.h>

 void Test()
{
  uint8_t uINT8 = 200; <== THIS LINE will not complete. Shows "uint8_t" as unknown.
  int8_t foo = 10;
  unsigned char fooUChar = 10;
}

We have a templated class that we create some typedef's for and this issue just kills the autocompletion with those classes.

 template<typename T>
class Foo
{
  public: