[Qt-creator] Plugins implementation issue for QtCreator 3.3.0 under Mac OS X

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Fri Feb 6 10:47:09 CET 2015

Re: plugins in OSX, I also discovered this, but what I do, every time
after I rebuild my plugin and copy it to inside Qt Creator, I run a
shell script to fixup the paths, I've included it below. It might be
useful for you also.

Rgrds Henry

#!/bin/bash
#
# HS 2014-02-07 Updated for Qt 5.2
# HS 2014-02-22 Qt 5.2.1
# HS 2014-05-21 Qt 5.3.1 and Qt Creator 3.1.2
# HS 2015-01-04 Qt 5.4 and Qt Creator 3.3
#
# Solve the double QT runtime problem in OSX for QtCreator plugins by
running install_name_tool on our plugin dll.
# This will change the pickup path for the common five framework DLLs
used by most plugins:
# QtCore, QtConcurrent, QtGui, QtNetwork and QtWidgets.
# So we change the path from  the "unbundled" compiler specific
framework versions to the "bundled" ones inside the QtCreator app.
#
install_name_tool -change
/Users/henry/Qt/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
      /Users/henry/Qt/Qt\
Creator.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
       /Users/henry/Qt/Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/PlugIns/myFancyPlugin.dylib
install_name_tool -change
/Users/henry/Qt/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui
         /Users/henry/Qt/Qt\
Creator.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui
        /Users/henry/Qt/Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/PlugIns/myFancyPlugin.dylib
install_name_tool -change
/Users/henry/Qt/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore
         /Users/henry/Qt/Qt\
Creator.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore
        /Users/henry/Qt/Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/PlugIns/myFancyPlugin.dylib
install_name_tool -change
/Users/henry/Qt/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtConcurrent.framework/Versions/5/QtConcurrent
/Users/henry/Qt/Qt\
Creator.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtConcurrent.framework/Versions/5/QtConcurrent
/Users/henry/Qt/Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/PlugIns/myFancyPlugin.dylib
install_name_tool -change
/Users/henry/Qt/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/5/QtNetwork
      /Users/henry/Qt/Qt\
Creator.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/5/QtNetwork