[Qt-creator] Qt Creator flat style UI design + new Light theme

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at theqtcompany.com
Wed Feb 11 11:34:09 CET 2015

On Mi, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:09 , de Sousa Diana
<diana.desousa at theqtcompany.com> wrote:
> But from all the feedback we have gotten about this topic, I'm now
> more inclined to keep the Manhattan style as an option (along with
> its color scheme) and continue to develop the new flat themes towards
> a Light and a fully low-contrast Dark option as well. It seems to me
> that most people are in favour of either a Light or a Dark theme
> option, but many seem to dislike the current Manhattan because it has
> too much contrast. Although Manhattan has some advantages, as you
> mentioned.

Actually I was hoping we could fix the flat style to also support color
tinting:-) I am not overly attached to the manhattan style, I just need
this one feature that is still missing from the flat style.

I actually like your proposal (especially the more consistent look of
the icons), so I would actually like to switch to the new theme
eventually.

> About the icons, yes, we have been talking about having only one set
> of icons and set their color by code, according to a stylesheet for
> each theme… again, Thomas and Alessandro could give you the
> technical details on how this is done :)

If we add color tinting, than we will need to be more dynamic than a
style sheet.

Did you ever change the color of Qt Creator in Manhattan style? It
adapts the gradient colors to make sure the text stays readable and I
think it also adapts the font colors for the areas where the color tint
is applied.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB
144331 B

Email: tobias.hunger at theqtcompany.com | Phone: +49 30 63 92 3255
www.qt.io | Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.digia.com/ | Twitter: @QtbyDigia,
@Qtproject | Facebook: www.facebook.com/qt