[Qt-creator] projectexplorer foldernavigationwidget extraction

Petr Vanek petr at yarpen.cz
Fri Jan 2 09:30:24 CET 2015

hi all,

I'm working on some customizations of QtCreator to implement an IDE for
Qore language [1] and potentially Qorus Integration Server [2] too.

The idea is to take QtCreator, disable most of C++ related plugins and
redistribute it as a new binary/bundle. The goal is achievable due
QtCreator's API etc.

For now I'd like to have a FolderNavigationWidget stuff
(plugins/projectexplorer) moved into standalone plugin because
projectexplorer is one of "too bound to c++" plugins.
Also I created some improvements for "file system browser" like
bookmarks etc. in my own version of the widget.

So here comes my proposal:
     - to take FolderNavigationWidget stuff from the project explorere
     - to create new plugin for this functionality (loaded by default)
without projectexplorer dependency
     - potentially apply functionality addons

I also offer to do it myself, I just don't know how the QtCreator
community works and what's the correct approach to raise a change like this.

Thanks,
Petr Vanek

[1]: http://www.qore.org
[2]: http://www.qoretechnologies.com