[Qt-creator] Qt Creator locator build commands mapping

Benjamin Zeller benjamin.zeller at canonical.com
Thu Jan 15 15:46:02 CET 2015

Am 15.01.2015 um 14:24 schrieb Ziller Eike:
>> On Jan 15, 2015, at 1:34 PM, Tobias Hunger <tobias.hunger at theqtcompany.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> You can already assign shortcuts to build/run/clean/deploy/rebuild. So
>> why do you want to go through the locator to trigger those? Ctrl-K
>> "build" is way more to type than Ctrl-B:-)
>>
>> Benjamin: Why would we want to have every action from the ActionManager
>> in the Locator?
> It couldn’t work that way, since the availability of an action (and what it actually exactly does) might heavily depend on where the focus currently is.
> Think Ctrl+z (Undo) ;)
Ok, true the actions are not always available and it does not make sense
for all of them.
So exposing all actions is not the right idea, but a way to map custom
locator commands to actions from ActionManager would work.
So you map "Run QML checks" to ";qc" in Locator. Just as an example.

Maybe even a chain of actions, a bit like a macro.