[Qt-creator] use external terminal in Qt Creator

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Tue Jul 14 20:40:40 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 09:45:49AM -0300, Freddy Martinez wrote:
> hi guys and thanks for you answer….
>
> yes, I’m in lunix and  I tried to do exactly this, but -hold param doesn’t work. With KDevelop when I run the application,
> it wait for the input and with qt creator no,,, QtCreator exit quickly from the command line, maybe I need to set another
> option, I don’t know…
>
> another advice ??

No. But the same advice. Citing André:

 "Creator has a setting in the Tools -> Options -> Environment -> General tab to
  set the terminal. The default is /usr/bin/xterm -e, but it seems you can insert
  your option -hold there also."

It works. Note: You possibly don't even need the -hold, as the terminal will wait for a
<Return> after the application exits anyway. But you can put the -hold there (but no
%exe or similar placeholder)

Andre'