[Qt-creator] [BareMetalPlugin] dsymutil problem on Mac OS X

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at theqtcompany.com
Mon Jul 20 09:52:13 CEST 2015

On 07/18/2015 01:02 PM, Marcel Mulder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using qt-creator with bare metal plugin for my embedded development
> and its working great. Mostly I work on a Linux host but also on a Mac.
> On my Mac I updated to the latest version QT 5.5 with QT-Creator 3.4.2.
> Now I have build problems. I get the following message:
>
> linking timer.elf
> generating dSYM for timer
> The process
> '/Users/marcel/bin/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9-2015q2/bin/arm-none-eabi-dsymutil'
> could not be started: No such file or directory
>
> But because this is a bare metal project I think invoking dsymutil is a bug.

Apparently, Creator believes that your target OS is OS X. Go to
Options->Build&Run->Compilers, and select the toolchain you are using in
your Kit. Check the ABI field. Presumably it says "osx" in one of the
fields (if not, please report back; then we'll have to investigate
further). Change the first field to "custom" and now adapt the entries
accordingly.
You might also want to file a bug about the ABI mis-detection.

Christian