[Qt-creator] Where to find more information from Clang indexing errors

Nikolai Kosjar nikolai.kosjar at theqtcompany.com
Thu Jul 30 11:46:08 CEST 2015

Hi!

Enable the following logging categories [1] to get output from libclang:

   qtc.clangcodemodel.clangeditordocumentparser=true
   qtc.clangcodemodel.verboserun=true

Here is how you can help:
  * Do not use the mailing list for bug reports.
  * Create a report at https://bugreports.qt.io/ with the generated output from
    the logging categories.
  * Attach a minimal project that exhibits the bug so I have sth. *concrete* I
    can work with.

The code snippet and context you provided are not enough.

The Qt Creator 3.5 rc1 snapshots come with libClang is 3.6, [2] tells me that
XCode 5.x comes with LLVM based on 3.3/3.4. Although that might make a
difference, I doubt it's that for this concrete case.

Nikolai

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qloggingcategory.html#configuring-categories
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xcode#Toolchain_versions