[Qt-creator] RunConfiguration, RunControl and RunConfigurationAspect

Marianne Tromp mtromp at pillartechnology.com
Thu Jun 4 20:38:34 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to understand the various Run classes and what each is
responsible for. I have stepped through their behavior with a debugger and
am still struggling with how they might be able to help me.

The problem that I am trying to solve involves writing a qt-creator plugin
that provides a runconfiguration that returns a different executable string
depending upon whether it is responding to a DebuggerRunControl or a
"normal" RunControl. RunConfiguration does not have access to the mode that
contains that information, whereas a RunControl or RunControlFactory knows
about ProjectExplorer::RunMode.

Could a RunConfigurationAspect provide the functionality that I need?

Regards,

Marianne