[Qt-creator] QtCreator 3.3.0 "The .pro file could not be parsed"

William Hallatt goblincoding at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:42:24 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I've recently upgraded to 3.3.0 (based on 5.4.0 MSVC 2010 32-bit) and I
keep running into a situation where, whilst working on a project, I
suddenly can no longer run it (building/rebuilding is fine).

The relevant buttons lower left are greyed out and the tool tip states "The
.pro file blahblah.pro could not be parsed" but there is no additional
output to any of the message panes.

I suspect it has to do with adding/removing files from the project and a
simple solution is simply to do a white space edit in the .pro file (i.e.
add a line, remove the line).

Is this a known/unknown issue or just some digital demons on my machine?

Regards,
William.