[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 3.4 binaries will be compiled with MSVC 2013 (dynamic opengl)

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 10:41:09 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Peter Kuemmel <syntheticpp at gmx.net> wrote:

> > What are the reasons for deploying with MinGW? :)
> >

> Dropping MSVC at all because of the bad C++11/14 support ;)
>
> But I see, only reason not to drop is debugging.

I would add better profile guided optimizations (PGO), which now are
available for free in the
Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition.

If you find something slow with Qt Creator (clang code completion?), you
could do a profile guided
build and optimize that workflow.

In my experience one could get a 20% speed boost using PGO. Never tried it
on Qt Creator.

Cheers,
Cristian.