[Qt-creator] QtC vs BareMetal vc CMake

Tim Sander tim at krieglstein.org
Mon Mar 23 09:00:10 CET 2015

Hi Wolfgang
> On 03/20/2015 09:47 PM, Tim Sander wrote:
> So please check at first that you have really the baremetal kit configured.
> If the kit is baremetal, check the run config of your project. You can
> create different run controls and there should be a baremetal runcontrol in
> the list available.
>
> thanks a lot, I found my problem! I didn't realize that the different run
> controls in the list were not just different executables but also the
> versions with the additional text "(on GDB server or hardware debugger)"
> and that these referred to using the baremetal runcontrol ...
Glad you found the error. If you have any idea how to improve that usability
wise or any other point just let us know.

> Thanks a lot again and sorry for my interruption :-(
I guess you are working with st chips, so i would recommend using one of the
latests openocd's master branch version.  Also looking at your e-mail address:
The openocd backend for the st-link is -as far as i know- reverse engeneered,
so if you know someone in your company which could improve that situation that
would be nice.

Also i have seen that you have not set the available number of breakpoints und
watchpoints in you init commands, so i would recommend to add s.th. like:
set remote hardware-breakpoint-limit 6
set remote hardware-watchpoint-limit 4
Where the number is of course depending on your hardware.

Best regards
Tim