[Qt-creator] Which plugins are you working on?

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com
Tue May 26 09:42:07 CEST 2015

On 22 May 2015 at 22:45, Hunger Tobias <Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com> wrote:
> Boost.Build Project Manager
> https://github.com/mloskot/qt-creator-plugin-boostbuild
> which is currently being prepared for submission to Qt Creator
> See announcement sent to the ML
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qt-creator/2015-February/004436.html

Looking forward to seeing that!

>> What can we do to make things easier for you?
>
> Help guiding through the review process, review the work we have
> already submitted
> to wip/boostbuildprojectmanager branch in Gerrit
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/111798/

My experience is that the review process is a huge help. Please give it a chance:-)

>> Have you ever considered to contribute your plugins?
>
> Initially, I did not consider at all, until contributors/users asked for that.

Why not? It does save you some time as we tend to fix in-tree plugins when
refactoring (well, we at least keep them compiling;-).

>> What is keeping you from doing so?
>
> Lack of resources to maintain it, as I explained in the README

Having the plugin upstream should save a few resources:-)

> https://github.com/mloskot/qt-creator-plugin-boostbuild/blob/master/README.md
> Then, I had number of doubts if I really want to go through the Gerrit
> nightmare,
> yes I still believe it's ridiculous to ask people to read the whole
> bible of Gerrit
> setup and intro, just to submit a patch.

I agree.

I recently started to work on our checkout wizards with the goal to be able to offer a "Qt Creator wizard" that does the setup for you. Not all stones are in place for that yet, but we will get there.

> Regardless, I'm giving it a shot, perhaps it will work.

Good luck with your plugin (intree or out-of-tree:-).

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B