[Qt-creator] Please change the postion of the build status indicator

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com
Mon Nov 16 09:51:39 CET 2015

> On Nov 13, 2015, at 5:45 PM, Ariel Molina <ariel at edis.mx> wrote:
>
> I'm in favor of keeping related things on the same place.
>
> How about using the wasted space in the bottom-left? I recall (years ago) Visual Studio transformed the build button into a Stop button to stop the build. Xcode currently keeps the progess bar very close to the Play and Stop buttons.
>
> http://imgur.com/SREHbA7

This is very centric on “build” related progress. Build related progress could be shown additionally “over” the build icon, It is also already shown on the application icon on Windows and OS X btw. (I’m open for patches on Linux btw, see progressmanager_x11.cpp . Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a unified way to achieve that, if at all.)
If someone wants to look at how to show a OS notification when a build finishes, I’m open for that too :)

Another ok place for a general progress indicator might be where currently locator is shown. If we move that somewhere else probably all people who regularly use locator with the mouse will complain :P

Otherwise, OS notifications will always get in the way. On OS X they appear in upper right corner, on Ubuntu I’ve seen something popup in the middle bottom of the screen....

Br, Eike