[Qt-creator] Qml Designer does not always show QQuickItem derived C++ classes

Hartmann Thomas Thomas.Hartmann at theqtcompany.com
Tue Nov 24 18:15:33 CET 2015

Hi,

since your object does not show up in the navigator, but does show up in the state editor, I am pretty sure the meta information for your class is somehow messed up.
Typically the meta info (type hierarchy properties etc...) is provided by a plugins.qmltypes file as part of a QML plugin.
To me it looks like the code model/meta info system does not know your object is actually an item. We only show items in the navigator
and also the form editor will only contain items that are identified as items by the code model.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hartmann