[Qt-creator] ModelEditor plugin

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gna.org
Wed Oct 7 03:40:59 CEST 2015

On 07/10/15 05:39, Jochen Becher wrote:
> Hi

[...]
> Today you can print by pressing "Ctrl-C" on a diagram when nothing is
> selected on the diagram. This will copy the whole diagram into the
> clipboard using 300dpi. Paste it into any program which is able to print
> images.

I wasn't aware of this, thanks for the tip. This will make my life
easier as so far i used the desktop snapshot approach...

> The real state machine is already planned (see Wiki page). Currently the
> possibility of having numbered relations is still missing. I want to

May I ask what do you mean by "numbered" relations?

Another missing feature is the ability to add self-relation in class
diagrams (like the parent property of the QObject class)

> implement customizable relations first. After that state machines should
> not be difficult.

For state diagram, it would be very nice to have something that follows
the specificities of the Qt State machine framework and can export to
SCXML. Support for code generation could be added later then.

https://blog.qt.io/blog/category/scxml/
http://security.hsr.ch/mse/projects/2011_Code_Generator_for_UML_State_Machines.pdf

> Sequence diagrams are a different story. Currently I only support canvas
> diagrams where everything is layouted by coordinates. Sequence diagrams
> need a dynamic layout engine which is much more complex.

Really? You could maybe use a simpler approach where the user can place
lifeline freely on the canvas. A bit like "Gnomw Dia" does.

Chris