[Qt-creator] maintenance tool

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com
Wed Oct 28 08:28:57 CET 2015

> On Oct 27, 2015, at 9:26 PM, Duane <duane.hebert at group-upc.com> wrote:
>
> I hope this isn't off topic here as I thnk it's about the maintenance tool and not QtCreator directly.
>
> I ran the maintenance tool to update Qt creator to the current version, then installed Qt 5.5.  Both seemed to run ok but now when I run the maintenance tool I get a dialog saying:
>
> "Your installation seems to be corrupted.  Please consider re-installing from scratch"  When I click ok, it continues and seems to work.
>
> Both QtCreator and Qt5.5 seem to have been installed.

The most probable meaning of that message is that the Maintenance tool found that it installed something, but afterwards did not find uninstall instructions for some of the packages that it installed.
Meaning that you most probably will run into problems the next time an update comes (or some later update), because it will not uninstall the package before installing the new version, resulting in stale files lying around.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - The Qt Company GmbH