[Qt-creator] Why QtC does not use QDockWidget for most tool-panel

Prav pr12og2 at programist.ru
Sat Apr 9 09:09:37 CEST 2016

Hi, André Pönitz and Hunger Tobias.

> So while it's worthwhile to discuss the rough direction of development
> to avoid obvious dead ends, there's no point of overdoing it.
And as I see to get all those 3 questions answered is what splits "overdoing" the discussion from "underdoing".
I am not sure how long it usually take for everybody in this mail-list to express themselves to topic ... but now I am
waiting for people's answers to this questions.

> In the end it is code that counts, so if you really want to move things you need to
> provide code as base of discussion.
If some computer program will write this then your right ... only resulting code is important ...
but for humans wasted resources counts.
And this is why we need question 3 in the list.

Idea to start coding right now (before discussions) and then discuss
rejects that we are humans and wasted resources counts for us.

Why I would start to improve something for this feature if someone will mention BIG or HUGE difficulties ... and number of those
who feel this feature is helpfull will be low? But how I know that. Right. These 3 questions for discussion.

PS
I would only like to avoid discussion of feelings here and asked Hunger Tobias to avoid this ... only real ideas.
Actually I agree with Hunger Tobias that feeling is important for humans ... but I disagree that we need to discuss feelings here.
I think feelings need to be transformed into ideas by human who feels something and only
ideas can be discussed in devs mailing lists.

Does it make sense to you André Pönitz and Hunger Tobias?