[Qt-creator] Adjusting colors in one of the Themes

Alessandro Portale Alessandro.Portale at qt.io
Thu Dec 1 17:27:32 CET 2016

Hi,

Short version: For a higher contrast, you can set  "PreferredStyles=Windows" in the "[General]" section of your *.creatortheme file.

Long version:
You can influence palette colors in the *.creatortheme files like this:
  [Colors]
  PaletteButton=ffff0000
"PaletteButton" sets the QPalette::Button ColorRole for the whole application. All other ColorRoles are mapped accordingly. Depending on the used QStyle, despite its name PaletteButton also influences the scroll bar color (at least this is the case with FusionStyle).

Which QStyle is used depends on the theme and OS. The theme may force the style via:
  [General]
  PreferredStyles=Fusion

If you use HighDpi, FusionStyle is forced unless you are on macOS.

Br,
Alessandro