[Qt-creator] Best way to integrate the Nim compiler settings

Filippo Cucchetto filippocucchetto at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 00:36:22 CET 2016

> How is nimble connected to a nim compiler? Are they connected?

They' re slightly connected. Nimble calls nim (and right now the one
available in PATH).
Nimble simply manages the dependencies of a project, download them and
invoke nim
on your sources. For doing this a user should create a .nimble file or
create it through
the nimble init command.
What's more complicated is that a nim compiler can be configured to use a
particular
C/C++ compiler. So a single nim compiler can use different backends.
I think to model this by adding multiple entries in the compiler section
one for a specific
backend: ie. Nim gcc, Nim clang etc. Based on the C/C++ toolkit
automatically (and manually)
added in QtCreator.

> > 3) In the future add the possibility to set the "NimSuggest" tool path
>
> What is that?

NimSuggest is like racer for Rust so a Tool that uses the Nim compiler
infrastructure for
obtaning auto completion. The communication is handled through process
in/out streams
or with a socket ipc (if i recall correctly). NimSuggest can be used also
for highlighting  and

> Best Regards,
> Tobias
>
> --
> Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
> The Qt Company GmbH, Rudower Chaussee 13, D-12489 Berlin
> Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der
> Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB
> 144331 B

Filippo Cucchetto