[Qt-creator] It would be really cool if... } // comment

Guenter Schwann guenterlists at schwann.at
Mon Dec 12 08:41:55 CET 2016

Am 09.12.2016 um 19:14 schrieb Jason H:
> In QML we have lot of closures
> The bottom of my QML Files is always:
> ........}
> ......}
> ....}
> ..}
> }
>
> It would be cool if it could tie in with the show-whitespace feature and provide some decoration (not a part of the file)
>
> ........} // Row: buttonRow (id: buttonRow)
> ......} // Column
> ....}  // Flickable
> ..} //Item
> } // Rectagle
>
> I often use actual comments, but they get messed up via various modifications
When a file looks like this, I usually split it up.
Having smaller files/components helps even more to not mess up.
Usually my QML files are less than 200 lines.

On the other hand, this could be used for more stuff than just for
items. For functions, switch, ...
And in C++ for namespaces, classes, #endif, ...