[Qt-creator] 'Custom' projects and Kits

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Mon Dec 19 13:01:03 CET 2016

On Mon, 2016-12-19 at 12:34 +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well, I ended up looking at the sources since I it seems nobody knows
> a way and indeed it seems there's not really any way to do this right
> now. While its possible to expand environment variables this is using
> the environment of the QtCreator process instead of adding things
> found in the Kit.

This should be taking the build environment, not the one Qt Creator runs in. But
you are right, the GenericProject seems to take the systemenvironment, which is
indeed wrong.

It should also use the MacroExpander in addition to/instead of the environment
IMHO. Would you care to write a patch to that end or open a bug report for me
about these two issues?

> This is even worse when using 4.1 since the clang model flags all Qt
> API as errors and does not get Qt-based defines correctly without
> finding the Qt headers.

That needs the include paths from the project to include the Qt headers. Without
that it will not work.

> I guess I'll have to come up with a patch myself, since apparently
> there aren't too many people here using the generic project manager
> with different Qt installs.

I am indeed not aware of many people using the generic project manager.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B