[Qt-creator] 3.6.0: Search & Replaces modifies included header files from outside project directory

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:50:32 CET 2016

I was doing some search/replace on our project and to my surprise I found out that files there were referenced in the project but were actually in an outside framework were also modified. To be more clear, my project is CMake based and uses Qt 5.5.1. I wanted to make changes to some *.cmake and *.txt files. The targeted files without my project directory were modified but ALSO the Qt 5.5.1 CMake files were also modified. This seems VERY counter-intuitive to me. I would have thought that files that are actually in other framework directories would have been excluded from the search/replace.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this before?

Thanks
Mike Jackson