[Qt-creator] License update! Please check license template!

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com
Sat Jan 16 13:21:36 CET 2016

Hi Peter,

I was not involved in the agreement between the Free Qt Foundation and the Qt Company, so I can not comment in any meaningful way, sorry. Neither have I insight in our sales numbers, so I can not comment on the effect of GPL or LGPL on actual sales figures either.

Please consider to comment on the blog post announcing the change: You are more likely to contact people driving this change there. This is basically just our out-of-the-way technical mailing list.

I *personally* welcome the outcome very much: We get to provide more free software and I agree with the idea of software freedom as expressed by the GPL. It also makes my work-live much easier as I will have less repositories to juggle once the code moved into the public repository.

Best Regards,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B