[Qt-creator] 12GB for Creator? (OSX)

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Thu Jun 16 09:27:35 CEST 2016

> On Jun 15, 2016, at 6:44 PM, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> Creator was running fine, but none of my OS was. I launched Activity monitor, and it was taking up 12GB. I can type fast, but I don't type that much in a week, so I don't think it's undo history.
> I restarted Creator and it takes 94MB.
> Loaded the same project as under 12GB, 154 MB.
>
> Creator 3.6.0, Based on Qt 5.6.
>
> Is this fixed or am I doing something wrong?

If you are using the Clang code model, the memory was probably taken by that.
Possibly reason: Many open documents.
Dor Qt Creator 4.1 we added automatic releasing of resources of “old” documents (in general for the “text” editors, not just the code model), so this should not happen to that extend any more.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer