[Qt-creator] How run client ans server parts of the one project in debug mode

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 22:52:32 CET 2016

בתאריך 6 במרץ 2016 23:47,‏ "Карелин Павел" <hkarel at yandex.ru> כתב:

> 06.03.2016 22:19, Andrzej Telszewski пишет:

'/home/hkarel/CProjects/Gamma7/build/qtc_Qt_551_a195e3b4-debug/qtc_Qt_551_a195e3b4-debug.bg':

>>> Is the server and client the same binary?
>>> If so, I think you'd have to separate them and then you could run two
>>> instances.
>
> Client and server are separated
>

>> Or maybe another solution. Under "Debug" -> "Start Debugging" you have
various possibilities. Maybe you could "Attach to Running Application"
provided that you have started your application outside of Qt Creator?

> I tried to attach to running application, but debbuger immediately quits
>

>> I don't know how the locking is going to behave, though.
>
> In principle, it would suit me a running the client and server parts of
my application in two different instances of QtCreator. But I can not open
the same project in two different instances of QtCreator.

Why do they have to be in the same project? Use 2 projects and 2 instances.

- Orgad