[Qt-creator] Linguist

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 08:41:23 CET 2016

Am 11.03.2016 17:56 schrieb "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>:
<snip>
> On OSX, Linguist is not in my spotlight :-( Anyone else in the same boat?
Also it takes time to launch Spotlight, type 'lin' and get the results,
it's jarring experience. If I could launch that in Creator, that'd be so
much better. (I'm on a recent mid-range Mac mini, no SSD for me!)

Just configure an external tool, just like Eike suggested earlier. If it
works well for you, you can always contribute a patch enabling that for
everybody.

> Maybe Creator could get a "Translation" button in the left sidebar
[Welcome/Edit/Design/Debug/TRANSLATE/Projects/Analyze/Help] and a native
plug-in?

So far we did not consider that: In our experience translations are not
handled by developers most of the time, but by external translation
services. So we think it makes little sense to use space for translation in
a developer tool.

The external services are better off with a tool much simpler than Qt
Creator, too. Why would we want to bother them with a UI designer and code
editors?

Some way to preview UIs I different languages would indeed be cool
though:-) Not just for QML, but also for widget UIs.

Best regards,
Tobias