[Qt-creator] Qt Creator for Linux Kernel Development

Nikolai Kosjar nikolai.kosjar at qt.io
Wed Nov 30 09:40:21 CET 2016

On 11/29/2016 08:21 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
 > Hi Marco,
 >
 > I'll start compiling a list for you, so that I can give you something
 > more useful than my last message. For starters, here's one bug found
 > within seconds:
 >
 > 1. Open a file in the project. All seems fine.
 > 2. Ctrl click on a function that points to somewhere in the Linux
 > kernel headers.

What you see until here is only syntax highlighting. The file was not
yet fully parsed.

 > 3. Close that file. Now there are all sorts of non-nonsensical clang
 > errors in the original file.

File was parsed in the meanwhile, semantic highlighting kicked in. Looks
like your macro definitions and/or include paths are probably not yet
correct.

Regarding the slow parsing, some debugging output could reveal why it's
so slow:

https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Creator_Clang_Code_Model#Debugging

Please provide the output as a report at https://bugreports.qt.io/ .

Nikolai