[Qt-creator] Qt Creator beautifier plugin vs. built-in code style

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 14:36:49 CEST 2017

My 2 cents:

I watched the video (good stuff - thanks!) grabbed clang-format, found this
awesome site to create the configuration:

  https://zed0.co.uk/clang-format-configurator/

and played with it in Qt Creator.

Overall I think it's great. I've done some work with Go and I love that
go-fmt is run every time I save a file (in Atom). It would be amazing to
have that capability with clang-format and Qt Creator.

The one thing I couldn't get it to do is indent code after accessor
keywords. Using "AccessModifierOffset" I can do this:

{
public:
   void foo();
}

or this:

{
   public:
   void foo();
}

But not the one I want, which is this:

{
   public:
      void foo();
}

If anyone has clues on how to accomplish this I'll be a happy humanoid.

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>