[Qt-creator] Dynamic private kit

Antonio Di Monaco tony at becrux.com
Wed Dec 27 13:42:00 CET 2017

Hi,

is it possible, in Qt Creator code, to add a "private" kit?

I'm writing a plugin for our internal build system, and the plugin automatically creates the required kits at "project load time", with all needed information (toolchain, device, sysroot, etc.).

As such kits are "private" to the project, i.e. they contains references and information that are not usable by any other plugin (i.e. CMake, QMake, etc.), my questions are:

- is it possible to add such kit, but to make it private, i.e. not selectable by any other project?
- is it possible to make it even invisible, i.e. it should be modifiable by the user?
- can I avoid to save/restore the kit information? This step is useless, cause I'm recreating a brand new kit at load time.

I went through the KitInformation and KitManager classes, but I did not find a way.

Thanks for your help,
Antonio