[Qt-creator] Remind me again... QML are in Sources?

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Fri Mar 10 16:57:38 CET 2017

Am 10.03.17 um 16:22 schrieb Jason H:

>> Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 at 3:16 AM
>> From: "Eike Ziller" <Eike.Ziller at qt.io>
>> To: "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>
>> Cc: qt-creator <qt-creator at qt-project.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Qt-creator] Remind me again... QML are in Sources?
>>

>>> On Mar 9, 2017, at 4:53 PM, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Perhaps I am just os school, but I liked that QML files in QRCs appeared in Rources/$RESOURCE_FILE.qrc
>>>
>>> I first noticed that QML appeared in Sources with the inclusion of
>>> lupdate_only {
>>> 	SOURCES += ...
>>> }
>>>
>>> in a .pro.
>>>

>>> Now, it seems to be that all QML, QRC, JS amd CPP are in the Sources.
>>>
>>> I liked the structured approach because Sources wasn't just a garbage area where everything got dumped. The tree was more organized, as it is actually structured.
>>>
>>> Am I wrong, did anyone prefer the old way, or is this somehow better in a way I don't understand?
>> See https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-15619
> Thanks. I remember reading that some time ago... However that is not what is happening now.
>
> That bug describes that they are being shown twice, which indeed was a problem. But now, they are only shown once, and my conjecture is that it is in the wrong place. Look at the screenshot I sent and one that I am attaching here.
> 1. The qlm.qrc no longer appears in 'Resources'. Instead it shows up in "Sources" (whose folder artwork has "C++" overlaid, btw.)
> 2. The qml.qrc in sources is not a tree (of any level) it takes me to the QRC editor view.
> 3. Resources no longer lists all the QRCs, since qml.qrc is in Sources . (This is inconsistent, and kinda a WTF)
>
> I'd like to have it back to the old view so that it doesn't matter if you are using lupdate_only or the QtQuick compiler or the combination of the two. My file hierarchy should not change depending on the activation matrix of those features.

I'm still using lupdate_only {SOURCES += ...}

for me under SOURCES there are only cpp and qml - nothing else
and I like to have cpp and qml side by side under SOURCES
and both are trees

yes - qml.qrc contains same qml files but not so easy to navigate
same is for me with images and other RESOURCES - I included them into
OTHER_FILES to have easy-to-navigate trees

see attached my structure

ekke